Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sweet Mary


I have spent the last hour or so touching up this portrait of my Aunt Mary in photoshop. It will be lovingly displayed at her memorial service tomorrow.
I remember the day it was taken. It was in the fall of 1984. I was eight-years-old and we were celebrating my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary. There was a professional photographer at the event and he took family pictures for us while we were all together. The photographer will probably never know how much this simple portrait will be cherished by us all.
This is how we will remember Aunt Mary. Not as she was after the stroke nine years ago that left her disabled or as she was last week in her hospital bed after a massive aneurism. But rather as this young, beautiful, passionate woman who could drive you crazy in one moment and then lift you up in the next.
Rest now and find peace, Sweet Mary, you deserve it.

No comments: